The beloved Christmas movie Elf recently celebrated 20 years this year! The movie follows Buddy, a human who was raised by elves at the North Pole and ventures to New York City to find his real father. Iconic comedy actor Will Ferrell plays Buddy the Elf!
Playful Secrets About Elf
- Will Ferrell almost didn’t play the lead role of Buddy! Jim Carrey was cast to play Buddy but dropped out due to scheduling conflicts.
- The iconic “Buddy the Elf” costume worn by Will in the movie was actually made for him by the same person who designed Julia Roberts’ famous red dress in Pretty Woman!
- The movie was shot in New York City during the winter, which prevented several challenges for the crew. They had to use a mixture of potato flakes and artificial snow to create the illusion of snow.
- The role of Buddy’s father, Walter Hobbs, was originally offered to Sean Connery.
- The iconic scene where Buddy eats spaghetti with syrup was not scripted! Will Ferrell improvised the idea on the spot, becoming one of the most memorable moments in the movie.
The Glittering Lights Experience
While Glittering Lights doesn’t have THE Buddy the Elf himself, we have many other beautiful holiday features with millions of sparkling holiday lights, the Santa Tram, a Living Nativity, and more! Don’t be a cotton-headed ninny muggins, and get your tickets today to experience the holiday magic at Glittering Lights!